Thursday, April 2, 2009

What an AWESOME place

So, here we were in March...ready to tackle one more doctor's visit for Jackson, our little guy from Russia. I didn't have too high of hopes since every time I had, I left feeling completely deflated.

The minute we walked into the 1960's furnished office, I knew something was different. After all, this doctor was the competitor of the physician we saw in January. Right away, Jackson was greeted and talked to as a person. Then, we met the doctor....and I was impressed!

Dr. N. walked into the room and introduced himself to Jackson and to me. He had obviously done his homework prior to walking into the room as he knew all about Jackson's history, had read the teacher reports (completed in September and February) and was ready to answer any question I had. WOW! Who is he? We spoke for a long time while Jackson played with toys and then I watched as this 50 something dr. got down on his knees and then laid down on the floor to begin playing. What - who DOES THAT?

He proceeded with giving Jackson 5 developmental tests that I'll write more about in another blog....

No comments: