Thursday, April 2, 2009

Disappointed in Doctors....

Sorry it's been so long since I've last posted in January! Well, the January appointment that we waited so patiently for was a complete waste of our time! The physician that we saw, why I'm sure she's very good and knows what she's doing, spent 45 minutes with us and had her eyes closed 40 minutes of that entire time! I couldn't believe it! Within 10 minutes, I knew we were in the wrong place.

She completed some very basic developmental screenings, had us complete a questionnaire on autistic signs, and then asked us some questions. Then, she spent the next 30 minutes talking in circles and not really asking or answering anything! I could tell our little boy - the one who LOVES doctors - was terrified of her. At the end of our visit, she mentioned that she was going to send the teacher a questionnaire to complete. I rattled off the name of the questionnaire as I had been through this with our oldest son before who has ADHD, combined type. She told me that Jackson had "internal control" issues and that medicine would help him.

Well, she spoke to the wrong mother! I asked her how could she medicate him when she didn't know if it was fetal alcohol syndrome, mental retardation, significant developmental delay, etc. Rather, it appeared, she was planning on medicating him for ADD or ADHD - both of which our family doctor and pediatrician did not think may be the result. So, needless to say....we were outta there and never looked back.

We have 1 more appointment scheduled in March - and I pray, oh do I pray, that we find someone who can help us help Jackson.

No comments: